Our beautiful and exotic province has many attractions that should be visited, cared for and explored, in La Secreta we have no number of activities that will make your visit unforgettable.
- Experiencing Manabí´s countryside:
La Secreta offers you a visit to a Manabita ranch to learn about cattle rearing and milking, and learn about planting and harvesting of organic food crops.
- Manabí´s delicacies:
La Secreta offers you culinary workshops and guided tours of key eateries in the vicinity and a visit to San Vicente´s market.
- Around the fire:
In Iche, our restaurant-school, we offer you culinary workshops and cooking classes where you can learn how to prepare traditional Manabita dishes (sal prieta, chocolate, traditional sweets, viche, corviche, ceviche, cassava bread…) and you can learn how to use of the Manabita.
- Beach activities:
La Secreta is located a few kilometers from several of Ecuador´s most beautiful beaches. We offer you water activities such as surf, paddle board and boat rides.
- Adventure in nature:
Trekking and exploration of the walking trails around La Secreta. We also organize visits to Corazón Island for bird watching in the mangrove ecosystem around the estuary of Chone River.
- On route:
In Manabí you can experience the routes of: cocoa beans, coffee beans, shrimp, and toquilla straw, among others… In La Secreta we organize the expedition you choose.
- Give and take:
We help you design your volunteering plan in the field you prefer; you can contribute to sustainable agriculture, ecosystem conservation and entrepreneurism.
Manabí is a world to discover and explore, in La Secreta we guide you through the most beautiful landscapes and places of this beautiful province.
In the vicinity of La Secreta
- Bahía de Caráquez: 10 minutes from La Secreta (city, retiree destination, water activities, estuary and bay tourism, shopping)
- Briceño: 15 minutes from La Secreta (quiet beach)
- Calceta: 1 hour from La Secreta (city, mocora handicrafts, clay pots, traditional sweets).
- Canoa: 25 minutes from La Secreta (beach, water activities, surf, yoga, young tourism destination, party)
- Chone: 50 minutes from La Secreta (commercial city, cattle and agriculture production, montubio experience).
- Coaque: 1 hour from La Secreta (beach activities, archeology, astronomy, ecotourism)
- Cojimíes: 1hour, 30 minutes from La Secreta (beach activities, camping)
- Isla de la Plata: 2 hours 30 minutes from La Secreta to Puerto Cayo, then a 1 hour boat ride to the island (national park, protected area, diving, bird watching, whale watching, biodiverse landscpe)
- Jama: 1 hour from La Secreta (beach, archeology)
- Manta: 1 hour, 45 minutes from La Secreta (commercial city, fishing industry, retiree destination, beach and water activities, port, shoppping)
- Montecristi: 1 hour, 30 minutes from La Secreta (toquilla straw hats and handicrafts, religious sanctuary, civic center)
- Machalilla National Park: 2 hours, 30 minutes from La Secreta (beach, national park, protected area, whale watching).
- Portoviejo: 1 hour, 30 minutes from La Secreta (commercial city, Manabí´s capital, urban parks)
- Puerto Cayo: 2 hours, 30 minutes from La Secreta (whale watching, diving, beach and water activities, artisanal fishing)
- Puerto López: 3 hours from La Secreta (whale watching, diving, beach and water activities, artisanal fishing)
- San Clemente: 40 minutes from La Secreta (beach, water activities, artisanal fishing)
- San Vicente: 5 minutes from La Secreta (shrimp, artisanal fishing).